... and, we're back!
I took a long vacation from blogging. Experienced bloggers like myself call this a "hiatus." No, you rubes, this has nothing to do with "hi-" as in "hello" or "-atus" as in "ate us." It is an entirely different word: a neologism, if you will.
Since I last updated here, so much has happened. I cannot even begin to describe it all. I have been in the midst of a buzz of social activity. Simply breathtaking.
The case of the two young bear cubs trapped in the so-called Bear-Proof Dumpster comes to mind. So much in our society is marketed as Bear-Proof, under entirely false pretenses. . . In this case, the two youngsters were the victim of such spurious advertising. They believed themselves to be safe, and then they were trapped.
In such cases, society often attempts to put the blame on the bears themselves. "They should have known better than to be trolling dumpsters for food, bear-proof or no," say scoffers and nay-sayers.
But! A bear cannot help his instincts to forage, any more than a child can help wishing to imitate its elders by smoking, an intoxicated adult can help wishing to drive, or an adult under 35 can help wishing to be President of the United States! In all these cases, the burden must lie with society to protect its members by enacting laws to prohibit these acts and keep us all safe.
ERGO, these bears should receive reparations for the suffering they underwent while separated from their mother by the dumpster that had been designed to protect them!
Here I rest my case. Q. E. D.
Since I last updated here, so much has happened. I cannot even begin to describe it all. I have been in the midst of a buzz of social activity. Simply breathtaking.
The case of the two young bear cubs trapped in the so-called Bear-Proof Dumpster comes to mind. So much in our society is marketed as Bear-Proof, under entirely false pretenses. . . In this case, the two youngsters were the victim of such spurious advertising. They believed themselves to be safe, and then they were trapped.
In such cases, society often attempts to put the blame on the bears themselves. "They should have known better than to be trolling dumpsters for food, bear-proof or no," say scoffers and nay-sayers.
But! A bear cannot help his instincts to forage, any more than a child can help wishing to imitate its elders by smoking, an intoxicated adult can help wishing to drive, or an adult under 35 can help wishing to be President of the United States! In all these cases, the burden must lie with society to protect its members by enacting laws to prohibit these acts and keep us all safe.
ERGO, these bears should receive reparations for the suffering they underwent while separated from their mother by the dumpster that had been designed to protect them!
Here I rest my case. Q. E. D.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home